LamboMantisMan23

REQUEST CSR Racing 2 Models Requests

@nick73 try to apply to the second UV channel (if it exists).

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nick73 said:

Hello,

one question please: For older models, I can find the emission maps inside the original folder (not modified). Is there an easy way I can apply them by myself? Thanks!! 

Some older releases (both original and modified) do not support emissive maps because the asset studio did not supported export of multiple UV channels back then. There is a need to export the model again with newer version. Not sure if modified version supported it since the beginning, but as @DARKSIDEOPG mentioned, I would check if there is UV2 mapping for "Light" or "Interior" object. 

Edited by .CSB
  • Like 1

uhh is any chance to get Ultima Evolution Coupe??

Sir,Can you add Regular Yellow McLaren P1 GTR ?

Normal ferrari f40 plesae, there is only the LM version

Hello,

there are some very nice cars you 've uploaded in the very start and they are in a very pure condition. No wheels and textures in pvr format. Could you please update them?

Like:

https://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=169486

https://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=150163

https://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=91032

Thank you

wait can you fix mclaren p1 gtr livery texture? because it needs transparent textures thanks

8 hours ago, MegamanTai2053 said:

wait can you fix mclaren p1 gtr livery texture? because it needs transparent textures thanks

Wait have you tried opening maps directory? If only livery texture opacity was interpreted exactly the same as every other texture.

@.CSB It seems to me that he means that he cannot find the "classic", not divided into PBR maps texture of the body livery. By the way, how about adding correctly "glued" texture maps? At least for Elite Tuners and/or Modified+ versions. I think that many of those who use your work in games where physical rendering is not supported (for example, I know many who use your models in GTA SA), will say "thank you" for this (it is a pity that there is no more whether you have to count).

@DARKSIDEOPG

Original "glued" maps can be found in each release in original/Texture2D folder and they are fully compatible with modified 3d geometry. 

Modified version maps are focused to be name intuitive (same name, different suffixes), 3d format compatible (each "layer" has its own separate texture with corresponding suffix because some format materials do not support channel outputting) and target use independent (not adjusted to specific, limited usage). 

I would like to remind that it's still a gamerip, so it's job for creator to adjust it to his specific needs and capabilities of target renderer. 

@.CSB By glued, I mean when one texture, for example, Badge, is not divided into Diffuse, Material and Normal maps (if we take into account the original division), but rendered into a single map - where both the normal and the alpha channel have already been applied, added reflections, roughness, etc. As in old games like NFS from 2003-2008 (if you want, I can send you examples). Because those who do not work with PBR, and use these models in games with DirectX 9, often simply take the Diffuse map "as is" and put it on the material, and then they do not understand why the result looks like shit, and they are mistakenly blamed for this to everyone except myself. I tried to record a video tutorial a couple of years ago, which showed how to superimpose different layers on top of each other and save them into a single texture, but, unfortunately, this is not a universal method - somewhere the result was acceptable, somewhere additional editing was required , and in some cases it only harmed the texture, and besides that, most of what was used there was outdated already even for me, not to mention anyone else.
Of course, those who prepare models in 3ds Max 2021 may not worry about this - PBR materials there, unfortunately, are included by default (and this is the main reason why I hate this version), but, let's say, more highly specialized programs before so far they cannot even display the normal map correctly - they make the effect of damaged normals or change the color of the vertices to black.

@DARKSIDEOPG Personally I don’t see it as CSB’s job to offer even more options for every single different way someone might use the models and textures. The textures supplied can easily be used to create the effect you desire and since it’s such a use by use case, it should be up to the modder in my opinion. If they don’t have they skills, they can be easily learned. CSR2 doesn’t have these textures in the way you mentioned, therefore it’s CSB’s job to create them on top of everything else for only one part of the users which is a use by use case within that part. 

Like you said, a tutorial explaining how to do it and relieving CSB of this job is a much better plan. 

• Like 2

@DARKSIDEOPG

I totally understand that the (masked) diffuse texture may not look good enough, but "downgrading" textures to be compatible with 15+ year old games using technique which "do not always work" and which will prevent them to be used by the way they they were designed never was and never will be a goal of texture separation in modified version. 

Current, universal state allows modders to create effect they wish by manually combining textures and is prepared for any future use in modern CG/video game. I use every single texture to render release previews (renders may not be perfect, but they look good) and I would never achieve the result if modified version textures were "glued" into a single texture.

I rendered ~200 different models * at least 3 pictures per model and I've never experienced any noticeable issues using provided normal maps like you mentioned.

Edited by .CSB
  • Like 1

thank you very much for all these vehicles and adding the modified versions, thats just awesome to work with 🙂

i'm currently working on the tuner gr supra, merged the bodykits into one file (also fixed the different transform /position info)

soup.jpg.d0ef41df68b7338d6d5a14eb1015bc52.jpg

but it is sad to see that they messed up the "scan" of the car / kits, i remember a similar issue back on forza motorsport 3 cars

(funfact here: the FNF mitsubishi eclipse matches pretty good with the forza motorsport eclipse)

1.jpg.1238860709002a1a2fb15bb1d2775270.jpg

so i also started playing the game to unlock the supra in csr2, they really messed up the resource 😢

gotta remodel most of the car, lets hope NM will update their mesh, but i guess this wont happen

2033044349_Screenshot_20210118-201827_CSRRacing2.thumb.jpg.55de20726cc0c8b536c52f1a91103747.jpg

Edited by Guki