We have launched in test mode the ability of subscribing and donate through PayPal with "Boosty" service! Please visit this thread for information.

Alastre

Assetto Corsa Competizione. Help to unpack .pak files

Hi everybody,

searching in the internet I landed here, hopefully somebody can help! 

So, like the thread title say, I'd like to open the .pak files (well looks like there's just one big file AC2-WindowsNoEditor.pak). I've seen a similar thread here

but actually I'm not interested in 3dmodels (and the thread itself looks like kinda dead) rather in cars game data info that - i know for sure - are packed in that big file. I've read about how suppose to unpack it here https://blog.jamie.holdings/2019/03/23/reverse-engineering-aes-keys-from-unreal-engine-4-projects/ but it's definetly far from my skills...so, is there any chance somebody could help me in unpack that file? Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

@Alastre 

Hi!

First of all, you need a tool called "umodel". You can get it here: https://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel

Secondly, you need a encryption key. For latest version of the game try to use this key: 0xDF4F640C728C2BA72A81F937999E22DA2AFEDD4814CBEA65B1C9DC14F2116360

Open umodel.

Locate the path where your game is installed. The tool will search all .pak files automatically.

Click OK button.

The tool will ask you for a key, enter it.

All done. Now you can export the assets.

(Un)fortunately, I don't know how to work with other assets in Unreal Engine - I know only how to get 3D models.

About the topic you mentioned - it will be updated soon. I also try to prepare all cars from this game for release.

• Like 2

Thank you very much! I've been able to export what i needed...just now need a way to read the uasset files (there should be just values\numbers)...trying open it with UE4 Editor but it didn't work...neither i'm sure i'm doing the right thing!

Immagine.jpg

@Alastre 

I think that you should ask for a help in forums related to modding UE4 games.

The only I know that umodel can read these files during export and convert 3D models and textures into universal readable formats.

Maybe anyone who mod UE4 can help you.

Posted (edited)

I'm tried to unpack with umodel but always crash, What version of unreal has I to use? I had try several 4.20, 4.22, 4.25 

Edit DONE with 4.26 vesion

Edited by Sergi

@Sergi 

To find the proper version do:

1. Select game EXE file (for example, acc.exe)

2. Perform a right-mouse button click and select Properties

3. Switch to Details tab

4. Look for a version

Some developers are directly writing which version of UE they using.

For ACC, I've found it on Steam - they said in one of patch notes that they are completely migrated to the 4.26.2 version.

• Like 1

So can you help me to know what is the correct way to exctract  please ?

@legende973 

What kind of a way you want to get?

The manual of how to unpack the game and extract the assets is posted before.

The manual of how to get a Unreal Engine version which was used to built a game is posted before.

• Like 1

It's just because i love make rendering for fun , for wallpaper like usually on my facebook page , i made that since 10 years ... it's not enough ? i have all GT but i can't have the last because the key dont work anymore.

Arf , i know why.... i d'ont updated the unmodel31....