We have launched in test mode the ability of subscribing and donate through PayPal with "Boosty" service! Please visit this thread for information.

Cornal_Ec

RELEASE Need for Speed: No limits Models Data

@Cornal_Ec 

Thank you very much! Are you using Blender script called "sb3d_import.py" from Xentax to import .sb3d files?

Yes, im using that script, wirth the last version of blender runs too well, only with the beck custom model got an error.

• Like 1

@Cornal_Ec 

Thank you.

Do you mind if in the future I publish the models from the archive you provided in the main database of the site? Of course, I will indicate you as the author of the rip, and I will also try to contact the author of the script (the author of the script, if you are registered here and see this text, write to me).

@Cornal_Ec So, you (most likely) converted most of the models to fbx. I was wondering why not obj?
Also, about textures: Textures are in sba format. Is it possible to convert it to other formats, like png, tga, dds, and so on?

58 minutes ago, Teh333Yochi said:

I was wondering why not obj?

FBX is better because it stores more information about mesh than OBJ.

58 minutes ago, Teh333Yochi said:

Also, about textures: Textures are in sba format. Is it possible to convert it to other formats, like png, tga, dds, and so on?

In Xentax forum, Chipicao posted a tool called "sba brute", you can try to convert the textures using it.

3 –ľ–ł–Ĺ—É—ā—č –Ĺ–į–∑–į–ī, DARKSIDEOPG —Ā–ļ–į–∑–į–Ľ:

FBX is better because it stores more information about mesh than OBJ.

In Xentax forum, Chipicao posted a tool called "sba brute", you can try to convert the textures using it.

I use OBJ because ZModeler (the tool I use more frequently than Blender) does not support FBX, and FBX converter can break the normals/smoothing on the car.
sbaBrute, however, refuses to convert textures as it claims the textures of HW Time Attaxi, Nissan 180SX, Lancer Evo VI (not sure about others, but most, if not all, cars might also qualify) as "Unknown Texture Format"

1 hour ago, Teh333Yochi said:

I use OBJ because ZModeler (the tool I use more frequently than Blender) does not support FBX, and FBX converter can break the normals/smoothing on the car.

If I grant the permission to upload these vehicles, I will create OBJ and MAX formats.

1 hour ago, Teh333Yochi said:

sbaBrute, however, refuses to convert textures as it claims the textures of HW Time Attaxi, Nissan 180SX, Lancer Evo VI (not sure about others, but most, if not all, cars might also qualify) as "Unknown Texture Format"

Need to research it. But first of all I need a finished, researched format structure. This is an another reason why I want to contact the script's author.

UPD.:
Look at the screenshot. The format is slightly changed.

I decompiled sbaBrute.exe (because I can't find the sources in the GitHub repository; thanks .NET for this feature) and look into structure using the textures from first post.
Red line - a identifier of the block with texture data.
Blue line - a size of the data.
The tool doesn't know what to do with 16 bytes, indicated by the green arrow (but it will included in the array if we try to read the bytes using blue line's data as array length).
I think it should be skipped, because I don't see any useful information.
Next we have a PNG image data, but not everything is so simple. I searched by "PNG" keyword and found 9 textures.
I've never heard about mip maps inside PNG texture (unlike DDS), but I see that each mip map is stored as separate image inside .sba.
sbaBrute can extract only one PNG for a time.
So, for proper extracting, I think that we need to split a resulting array using "89 50 4E 47" as a delimiter and save all images.

Or just ignore anything except the first image. I checked the other images, high-quality mip-map are stored as first image.
Also I find that not all textures uses PNG or DDS images. Some of them, for example, interior texture,  are stored in unknown (for me) format starts from "10 10 10 02" bytes and looks like raw image data.
Unfortunately, now I'm busy with my tool for Madness engine and can't start any serious works with these files and/or game engine.

image.png

The textures can be ripped with Ninja Ripper. The problem is though is the lack of UV maps.

@eat_egg 

In this case, models can be ripped too.

But I don't think that is a proper method. I prefer to use scripts, plugins, etc.

10 minutes ago, DARKSIDEOPG said:

@eat_egg 

In this case, models can be ripped too.

But I don't think that is a proper method. I prefer to use scripts, plugins, etc.

True, and while it may be fast and easy to get the textures, it'll take a while to sort through them all. Plus, the game no longer allows you to view every car so ripping every car is nearly impossible.

5 hours ago, DARKSIDEOPG said:

@Cornal_Ec 

Thank you.

Do you mind if in the future I publish the models from the archive you provided in the main database of the site? Of course, I will indicate you as the author of the rip, and I will also try to contact the author of the script (the author of the script, if you are registered here and see this text, write to me).

Sure, that was my main purpose to publish the files here, because i dont have a pc to make research like use to do with GT PSP, Shutokou Battle Xtreme and others, so i decide share the files for investigation and extraction purposes : )

And for the .sba texture files, the dragon unpacker tool can extract some pngs in all sizes with hyper ripper.

I wrote to the creator of dragon unpacker to see if the tool can be updated for the .sba format, but still dont have an answer.

30 minutes ago, Cornal_Ec said:

And for the .sba texture files, the dragon unpacker tool can extract some pngs in all sizes with hyper ripper.

I wrote to the creator of dragon unpacker to see if the tool can be updated for the .sba format, but still dont have an answer.

For some reason it seems to me that it would be easier to take the current tool (sbaBrute) and modify it

32 minutes ago, Cornal_Ec said:

Sure, that was my main purpose to publish the files here, because i dont have a pc to make research like use to do with GT PSP, Shutokou Battle Xtreme and others, so i decide share the files for investigation and extraction purposes : )

Many thanks. Now it remains to get permission from the author of the script.

Hello guys, is it possible to rip the McLaren Artura from this game? It's not in the Drive folder above. Thanks!