We have launched in test mode the ability of subscribing and donate through PayPal with "Boosty" service! Please visit this thread for information.

g19rp

Forza Horizon 5 UV/Materials

I saw @DMN has been posting some models with UVs that work fine etc, I know that with 3DsimED you can open some stuff and the UVs will be fine like some of the badges and most of the body, but for stuff like the interior and the engine it will be ruined. If anyone has figured out how to get UVs to work well with the latest Forza version please do post here on how to fix them, unless it's a matter of doing it manually - in which case we're doomed until 3DsimED's update.

I've been converting and testing and so far I've yet to find a problem with UV's. If the tiled material doesn't look right, try a different channel.

Would you mind to elaborate a little more on that? Sorry I am pretty new to 3d modeling. How can we make use of the texture files from the FH5 models downloaded here? I use 3d smax, I tried drag and dropping the textures to the models, for example, the Evija model, and it didn't work. Also tried UV unwrapped and didn't work either coz the UV were not mapped properly. Thanks.

I don't know about models from here, I convert my own.

Don't drag and drop textures onto models in 3dsmax.

Open up material editor, switch to slate if not already. Click on a model part and in slate click on "get materials from selected". You'll see most models have a multi/sub material, because each model part has several materials associated with it. In slate you will also see a whole bunch of materials with textures connected... actually I made a video series years ago that you might find useful. It's pretty old but still mostly relevant:

Render my car series.

• Thanks 1

I have a question about forza model uv mapping. 

After extracting carbin file in 3dsimed, open in 3dmax and some of the objexts dont match with textures. some of them have probably broken uv-mapping. Why does it happen so?