Background sources by CROWNED & Khyzyl Saleem

Foxbody

3DSimED Support for Forza Horizon 5

I know DMN has stated that model postings will be on hold until 3DSimED3 releases official support for Forza Horizon 5, has there been any words on when this support will become available? Is there a way to currently process FH5 content until then? Thanks.

I apologize if this is not the correct topic location, tried searching but not too familiar with the forum.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, we don't know when the support will be. You can try to contact the author of 3DSimED and ask him this question, may be he reply to you.

We don't want to extract these models now, because generally we post only original archives from the game, and the users import them by myself.

In case of FH5, because 3DSimED doesn't import the .carbin file and display a lot of warning messages when you try to import the .modelbin files, we publish the models in converted version, in .fbx (models) / .png (textures) formats.

I understand that may be more convenient for some users, but this is inconvenient for us - we don't have so much time to work on it, and sometimes we just don't want to do it.

I'm waiting for the FH5 support too, I tried to contact the author, but he didn't reply me. I think it's because I sent the message to the wrong address.

@DARKSIDEOPG Are you able to tell how the FH5 .modelbin's can be converted into .fbx? Is it through 3Dsimed or another program? Sorry if this is not the correct spot to ask. 

@Speaker just import the .modelbins through 3DSimED (ignore all warning messages) and then export them also through 3DSimED to FBX (Binary).

@DARKSIDEOPG I can get some to import. I assume this is a case of import/export every piece individually? If so, is there anyway to batch import/export the entire file list? 

I saw some more were posted by @DMN today without the message about waiting for 3DsimED to be updated to fix the material UV error. Was wondering if any workaround was discovered to get good UVs for now? 

Edited by g19rp

If needed I could help out with converting them over since it is quite an annoying process.
Also quick question, is there a way to export all opened files from 3dsimed? Currently I've been exporting them individually into obj and then using the Blender 2.8 addon to import all of the OBJs at once.