Posted (edited)

I deeply apologize. The project of converting Dragon Trail specifically on my end has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances. But there is more good news than bad. All original GTS tracks have been successfully extracted and links are available (as soon as I can figure out where to share them on here). My progress (how little there is) has been baked into the file. Cars, scapes, and thumbnails are available on request. Focus will now be shifted to extracting GT5 and 6 models once I can find a proper file set.

Edited by MrJr

On 7/6/2021 at 6:07 AM, MrJr said:

I deeply apologize. The project of converting Dragon Trail specifically on my end has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances. But there is more good news than bad. All original GTS tracks have been successfully extracted and links are available (as soon as I can figure out where to share them on here). My progress (how little there is) has been baked into the file. Cars, scapes, and thumbnails are available on request. Focus will now be shifted to extracting GT5 and 6 models once I can find a proper file set.

Any update on sharing the tracks? Would be greatly appreciated if we could get a link

• Like 1

11 hours ago, corvette663 said:

Any update on sharing the tracks? Would be greatly appreciated if we could get a link

A link to all model files from GTS is available to download from GT Planet. In a cruel twist of fate, someone else released all content for the game before I had. So these files are not mine, but they are of the exact same quality (I personally checked). I would suggest holding off on converting any GTS model for the moment because a huge breakthrough is occurring currently in a Discord server. It has been tested on track files and will soon be tested on car files as well. These tools make the process incredibly quick. A process that took over 2 months for Lago Maggiore was condensed down to 2 days for SSRX. These tools could also possibly be used to make converting GT5/6 tracks faster too.

As of right now, Tsukuba and Willow Springs have been converted by ddm. Maggiore has been converted by Nobody. Both Dragon Trail Seaside and Gardens are in a drivable state. SSRX is drivable. Another prominent modder is working on a to be determined track. I have the track file, but out of respect for the creators, I won't share it. I'll merely tell you that both tracks are gorgeous and the wait will be worth it. Which should be only a few weeks considering how far along all 3 tracks are.

• Like 1

@MrJr which Discord server are you talking about? Can you send me an invite link in private messages, please?

9 hours ago, DARKSIDEOPG said:

@MrJr which Discord server are you talking about? Can you send me an invite link in private messages, please?

I do not have permissions to send invites. It is a heavily regulated server and very exclusive so only an admin could do that. And sadly, the admin is currently in hospital.

• Like 1

Due to the recent developments in how fast a track can be converted, I am going to attempt extracting GT6 tracks/cars. I found a forum post, but it doesn't necessarily help me: https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11783

Since I'm fairly certain nobody else will undercut me on this, I want to ask how to use gttool on GT6. All I have is the VOL, BIN, and SELF file. Unlike last time, files will be posted here as soon as I am finished with them. Starting with the original tracks and then including any real tracks GTS did not include.

DISCLAIMER: I will NOT be personally converting anything. I am merely hoping to give people the resources and tools to create the best mods possible. I will also update with what cars/tracks are being worked on so that people are not wasting their time converting a duplicate.

It's a lot of hard work to get anything usable from GT6. Don't even get me started on ripping the textures.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, f4k_ said:

It's a lot of hard work to get anything usable from GT6. Don't even get me started on ripping the textures.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Mind helping me out? The scripts have been released so I think we could help each other

Released where? The tools in the xentax thread don't do tracks, only cars.

5 minutes ago, f4k_ said:

Released where? The tools in the xentax thread don't do tracks, only cars.

They've been released on FB, but I'll post them here. It's 3 blender python scripts and a texture converter since textures for GTS (and presumambly 5P-6 as well) are flipped.

Blender scripts:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NGnACkRmKwJioWBjQsKz-2iiWj-kAcK-/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_ABALvyd5Ea01PotM4-6Umfj4T9VumuD/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cutUQPTWAk0370pZPDHa9wIzFphr68Fa/view?usp=sharing

Converter:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RX0Fo2DUYV6bPGHZhriD-JMv60MOo58l/view?usp=sharing

They don't do anything until you already have the models extracted.

8 minutes ago, f4k_ said:

They don't do anything until you already have the models extracted.

Right. If you tell me how to make the files available, I can extract the models

Extract the models how? You don't have any tools to extract the models.

Just now, f4k_ said:

Extract the models how? You don't have any tools to extract the models.

Send me a file to test then. The tool I have is supposed to work for GT6 as well