@Apex Do you mind if I add your instructions to the discord server, to a channel specially created for this?

33 minutes ago, DARKSIDEOPG said:

@Apex Do you mind if I add your instructions to the discord server, to a channel specially created for this?

Is there a Discord for this forum?

41 minutes ago, MrJr said:

Is there a Discord for this forum?

At the moment it is in development and is available only to a strictly limited number of people. You can join it later when the official opening takes place.

1 hour ago, DARKSIDEOPG said:

At the moment it is in development and is available only to a strictly limited number of people. You can join it later when the official opening takes place.

Understandable. Unless Apex responds here, my efforts might be dead in the water until I can find someone else there. I really do greatly appreciate the attitude of helpfulness here so far. If I can get my hands on the models, I will absolutely release here first and I'll see about extracting and converting every track/layout in the game.

@DARKSIDEOPG I've made a mistake about the gt_pack task, after creating the image guide I noticed that and fixed, please update the guide on discord.

-

@MrJr This is the drawn guide, its very simple to understand even if the previous guide was also, so I hope you can make a good use of it.

Edited by Apex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Apex said:

@DARKSIDEOPG I've made a mistake about the gt_pack task, after creating the image guide I noticed that and fixed, please update the guide on discord.

-

@MrJr This is the drawn guide, its very simple to understand even if the previous guide was also, so I hope you can make a good use of it.

I am so sorry for asking more questions. I am a man who has no understanding whatsoever of how the cmd window works. I have made it to that step, but I cannot use it. It merely says "The system cannot find the path specified" I suspect this may have to do with my Base folder being on another drive since my desktop would not have enough space. There is also the issue of not being able to extract the update because I believe the 001 file is missing, but that's another issue for later. Once again, the guide is very helpful and descriptive thus far.

23 hours ago, Apex said:

I've made a mistake about the gt_pack task, after creating the image guide I noticed that and fixed, please update the guide on discord.

Just send your version there, after mine, and I will replace mine with yours.

@DARKSIDEOPG The initial guide is already updated, I left some "+" on the lines I've changed.

@MrJr You can learn a bit about the commands used on the guide here: https://riptutorial.com/cmd#navigating-in-cmd, all files are ok, thats the only reason I posted they here, I previously downloaded and tested myself, so they are functional not only to extract the game resources but also to play.

1 hour ago, MrJr said:

There is also the issue of not being able to extract the update because I believe the 001 file is missing, but that's another issue for later.

Try to re-download the file and use 7Zip to extract the pkg out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Apex said:

@DARKSIDEOPG The initial guide is already updated, I left some "+" on the lines I've changed.

@MrJr You can learn a bit about the commands used on the guide here: https://riptutorial.com/cmd#navigating-in-cmd, all files are ok, thats the only reason I posted they here, I previously downloaded and tested myself, so they are functional not only to extract the game resources but also to play.

Try to re-download the file and use 7Zip to extract the pkg out.

There are over 100 files to download. I have exactly zero clue which download link has it. It is helpful to include this guide. Maybe I'll just have to use base content for now.

@MrJr I have downloaded all the update files AGAIN and they are fine, there is nothing that can prevent you of extract the pkg file, unless you are not following any of the warnings about using the 7Zip to extract it.

To avoid that type of discontent in the future I will upload the update in 5GB volumes, it will take a while cause I have a 1GB/s internet but MEGA does not use even 10Mb on upload.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Also I made the guide applying the update on base game https://imgur.com/a/3MFwB0J

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Apex said:

@MrJr I have downloaded all the update files AGAIN and they are fine, there is nothing that can prevent you of extract the pkg file, unless you are not following any of the warnings about using the 7Zip to extract it.

To avoid that type of discontent in the future I will upload the update in 5GB volumes, it will take a while cause I have a 1GB/s internet but MEGA does not use even 10Mb on upload.

Hide contents

spacer.png

Also I made the guide applying the update on base game https://imgur.com/a/3MFwB0J

I will be patient. I have no college this week so I have time. I'm just wanting to make sure I do this right. I have no doubt the files are all good. I only fear I may have missed a download previously (my mistake). You have spent a lot of time helping me and I will not be ungrateful.

4 hours ago, Apex said:

Hide contents

spacer.png

As an update, I was able to get the syntax correct on cmd, however, it won't let me run the program on my pc (Win 10) "This app can't run on your PC". There is not even a prompt for my password. I am the administrative account on my computer.

• Like 1

@MrJr I've finished uploading files on MEGA, you can re-download on the related topic: https://gamemodels.ru/topic/2067-ps4-games-dumping-official-thread/?do=findComment&comment=15821

Most of these tools requires a 64bit system, are you sure that your system is 64bit?

Edited by Apex

8 hours ago, Apex said:

@MrJr I've finished uploading files on MEGA, you can re-download on the related topic: https://gamemodels.ru/topic/2067-ps4-games-dumping-official-thread/?do=findComment&comment=15821

Most of these tools requires a 64bit system, are you sure that your system is 64bit?

I have started downloading already. Thank you. I have also checked my system. It is a 64 bit operating system.

On 2/18/2021 at 7:49 AM, Apex said:

I just spent 20 hours copying and pasting files to move them around. I tried to use gttool on an internal hard drive. The computer tells me the app can't run and the command window tells me "Access is denied". My system is 64 bit, my user is the Administrator, and I cannot progress any further.

Edit: It turns out that I did not know enough about the command window to know that "cd" was not what I was supposed to type. Files are currently being extracted.

I am so happy. I'm learning more and more about this game while it's extracting. However, there seems to be quite a few files that I cannot open, but look like I should be able to. Disc image files and jxr. Any tips on how to view these things while I wait?

Edited by MrJr
New pressing information

After much time and effort, the tracks are exported!!! However, there is a LONG road ahead before the tracks are shareable. Because of the nature of the tracks themselves, there are MANY extra faces I need to go in and manually delete. I have been told this process has the possibility of taking months just for a single track. I do intend to finish what I started, but do not expect much for possibly a few months. I will make sure the process goes as quickly as possible. Thank you @Apex @DARKSIDEOPG for your time and effort to help me get to this point! 🙂