zawarudowry

Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo model extraction

So, I got Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo (mainly cause it has some weird cars, looking at you Peugeot Quasar) and tried to extract a car, the Abarth 500 R3T (https://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=84681). Let us just say, it did not turn out very well. If you want a model though, hit me up. I might be able to deliver. (Don't expect it to be good, I mean look at this)

lmao.jpg

Hello huge respect for finally get into it, i coud not.. can i ask, are glass/lense meshes present too? 

Posted (edited)

Well, sadly those are the only things missing, I could find the wheels, but the glass doesn't seem to exist. I will try, but since everything is so broken it does take a lot of time. Anyway, do you want a car?

Some digging later...

f.jpg

abrthfinale.thumb.jpg.819ee98d8611b98c7631c11d344019d1.jpg

Edited by zawarudowry

keep up, would like to see the 504

Alright, give me today, will try

if you are using ninja ripper, the transparent meshes should be at the end of the mesh list somewhere between UI surfaces

The problem is that the place where I am ripping the model is very full (700+ meshes) and to go through each of them would take forever.

i know that 😄 i went trough this a couple of times (blur, need for speed)

if you can rip the cars in the same spot (menu scene or something) the mesh pattern should be always the same

- first couple 100 meshes should be the car

- then the background scene

- then maybe collision data (mostly unmapped or using weird textures)

- at the end it should be UI stuff

- and a block of transparent meshes

if you are using the 3ds max script - the group import will help you alot. select the rip folder and type in "rip file nums": 0-100,700-800 - this will import 200 meshes

Well thanks, but I can't get 3ds max right now. The meshes are (interestingly) between 400 to 500.

I use blender ( am poor, no bully pls) and I get the entire map. 

The SLRE showroom is a map, with autocross and a rally stage. It is like FH4 festival and quarry combined freeroam.

There are loads of objects and they come first (TREES) before the car itself

well @yuca, the 504 doesn't feel too good

579064852_2020-07-06(4).png.d4511c62824cfb80c290d8d4e7631be0.png

never worked with blender - does the script import the uv correct too?

you could send me one rip folder - maybe i can help you out finding the right stuff

How should I send it to you? Am new to this stuff, please help

zip the rip folder of one car - upload it to mediafire and post the link here 🙂

Posted (edited)

dont import them file by file - the easiest way is to import the complete folder - delete background objects and go down to the car mesh - which is centered at 0,0,0

animated parts are also centered - wheels, tires, steeringwheel, shifter, handbrake - and need to be placed manual

write down the mesh numbers of the car 0029 0030 ... there are two versions of the car -  LOD1 and LOD0 low and highpoly

to get the mapping right, you have to set the UV Coords:

U8 - V9 - Body, Interior, Lights, Glass, Window
29-32,66-69,367-370,379-383,452-456,458-462
U12 - V13 - Engine, Suspension, Brakerotor
364-366
U4 - V5 - Tires, Wheels
2-13,35-46,371-378,448-451

also the DDS files are saved wrong - thats kinda common for ninja ripper - youll need to flip the red and blue channel with photoshop or gimp and save them as dds dxt5 (with alpha channel)

Saved as FBX and OBJ + DDS

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9ujaqrmg9bxoe0v/%5BGameModels.ru%5D_SLRE_Quasar.rar/file

image.png.1efce72bf3c155441532df8f1b32d7f9.png

cheers 😉

Edited by Guki

Ight, thanks for the advice, I have ripped every model from the game, time to sort through em and arrange. Once I am done, should I upload em to the site?

sure upload them here 🙂

hell, that would be great !

@Guki I do have a question, should i just upload them as mediafire links or should I upload them somwhere in files? Also, please tell me if there are any other Milestone srl games anyone wants extracted cause I am severly fed up with this game and want to take revenge against Mile- ahem, sorry about that, I am sick with working with SLRE's files.

if you want to upload the full car list of that game or more, you should upload each car on mediafire (maybe create an account there to manage your uploads)

after that - on the downloads tab here is a button "Submit a file", there you can post the cars on this site with a short description and the link to each mediafire upload

the best would be to save them as obj or fbx and dds textures, since most people here dont know how to handle ninja ripper files

That is the plan. So, just submit a file, no specific area for SLRE or anything right? I have already converted 5 cars to obj (Abarth+Volkswagen) but textures are WIP

Thanks for all the advice, really.

since there is no SLRE section yet - you can only upload them under the first category "upload file here", then you files will be approved by a moderator

Alright, big thank. Have to go to sleep now, work continues tomm

I am extremely sorry @Guki, but I just cannot understand how to deal with the textures. It is too difficult for me to understand how to do so. The tips you gave are useful, but I do not know how to use the texture tips.

Also, how have these rips amounted to 145 GB of space?

Thank god for 1 TB hard drives

Posted (edited)

no problem 🙂 we all started somewhere - it took me quite a while to get things right too - just keep asking and keep working with those tools

the size of each rip folder is caused by the raw dds textures because it rips anything that is on screen and a lot of ui post process stuff no one needs, to be honest 😄

remove all the textures that you dont need on the car - make sure that you keep the diffuse, bump and shader maps - i saw you already did this on the alpina 👍

image.thumb.png.bee4a95e6a2b1f4380c331c54fb7eef3.png

looking at the quasar texture "tex_1683_3.dds" which is the brakelight / glass texture - you'll see that it was ripped kinda wrong

ninja ripper switches the red and blue channel on some games - so you'll need to fix them in gimp or photoshop or any other tool that can do that

image.png.875a8674c74a7eea4bc88ec6c6825132.pngimage.png.687499abe9bfc1a154ab9d4338e41d06.png

the dds was saved in a raw form - many tools cant open them - save the texture as DDS DXT5 with alpha channel

image.png.2b7e4ae802ebdc3539c1eb9b0b341099.png

this way, the brakelight texture goes down from 4mb (raw) to 1,3mb (DXT5)

tools like zmodeler cant handle the raw type - so i recommend to convert them to DXT5 before uploading 🙂

and one more thing, i just downloaded your alpina and saw that it is still unmapped

you are using the blender import script, there should be a option to set the vertex layout to manual

image.png.26e5f2cfeaf9a9876fd51cab8c132c89.png

youll need to import the meshes with the correct TU and TV value - then the textures apply correctly

TU8 - TV9 - Body, Interior, Lights, Glass, Window
TU12 - TV13 - Engine, Suspension, Brakerotor
TU4 - TV5 - Tires, Wheels

apply the textures to see if it is correct

otherwise, people will struggle use your cars in any other game - since they look like this

image.png.31656d54d31e6313b0f4d33403d48c8f.png

i hope that will help you 🙂

Edited by Guki

Thank you, so so much. Also, i did get 3ds max, but how should I apply the textures post making them objs? Honestly, a guide for blender would be better but I would not mind a 3ds guide. Also, do I have your permission to upload the Quasar or will you take the honour?

Tommorow shall be a productive day, at least 20 uploads (liveries in this game are handled horribly lmao)

Posted (edited)

sure you can use that quasar

in 3ds max press M to open the material viewer - there are two ways to work with materials and textures select one of the grey balls (material preview), there you can see some options

under the tab "maps" click on the Diffuse Map Button and assign the DDS

select the body of the car and press the "Asssign Material to Selection" - if it is not displayed in the view press that checkered button "Show Shaded Material in Viewport"

image.thumb.png.cc983109effc20bb181fc17328c06be8.png

i prefere the "Slate Material Editor" - click on Modes and select the other mode

this mode is more of a drag and drop method

drag out a standard material - drop in the texture from your browser - connect the dots from the map to the material diffuse color slot as shown

you can see there are mostly the same options on the bottom right side as in the compact material editor

the "Apply Material to Selection" is on the top bar

image.thumb.png.db0d7fed07d2d5d336f564123eb52c65.png

since i never work with blender i can only guess, i had to watch a video to get it right xD using blender 2.8

on the right side there should be this red checkered sphere - select the object - click on the little dot next to base color

select image texture in that drop down area - press open and load the texture

on the upper right corner of the viewport is also this checkered sphere - this will view the textures on the meshes

image.png.e1e81bf6fe4fce1882bd7b8d93ef4b54.pngimage.thumb.png.0e1dffa826a4efa56bd11ddc284a7316.png

Edited by Guki