Sign in to follow this  
vx110

[FH4] Problems With Materials

Hello Guys,

I have a problem with selecting or importing or editing materials of Forza Horizon 4 Cars.

I followed the instructions with the folder path and everything works fine with importing the model in 3DSimEd aswell as into 3dsmax. 

But I have some serious problems with selecting or opening the *.dds files which are exported from 3dsimed. I attach a picture of what Problem I get. I cant open them via 3dsimed, aswell as Photoshop aswell as 3dsmax.

It would be cool if you can give me advice, why I have this problem.

Question.PNG

Try to open texture in other software, paintnet for example. Also, textures from older models from FH4 opens normally? 

Hi DMN,

I tried other programs aswell as Importer Plugins for Photoshop, 3dsmax aswell as *.dds viewer and the only *.dds files I can open are the    xxxxx_nrml.dds maps. I cant open any xxxxx_diff(use).dds maps

Any ideas?

checking the dds texture it seems to be DX10 - many tools cant handle that type of DDS file for some reason

use this tool here to convert swatchbin to png

https://tdohmn.webnode.com/swatchbin-texture-converter/

enable direct output directory, output format png - if you need the files as dds, convert them with any tool to DXT5 (with alpha) or DXT1 (no alpha)

Hi Guki,

But from where do I know, where all the "texture-files" are?

Example:

I download the Ford GT GTE Le Mans Car of Forza 7. In this folder, there I can only find a few "swatchbins" to convert with your programme. I also have of course the additional Forza7 Texture and Shared Folder but where can I find for e.g. the Ford GT Car Livery Texture or the Ford GT Badge Textures?

I hope you understand my question.

Posted (edited)

well, this tool fixes the problem with the "broken" unsuported dds textures

convert the complete shared folder to png with direct output - so it will create the png out of the swatchbins

if i export a mesh from 3dsimed to fbx, it will store the texture paths in the information

for_55_gtlm_16.fbx

carpaint material -> texture -> media\pcfamily\cars\for_55_gtlm_16\textures\livery\swatches\for_55_gtlm_16_livery_002_diff_421f2385-cd9e-4fdd-9eef-a09e34661b20.swatchbin

weldseam -> texture -> media\pcfamily\cars\_library\textures\genericmaps\swatches\rtint_colors_001_diff_2d38963e-15b1-4f9b-9ade-fe45226fe24f.swatchbin

you would need to find them manually ... but they are stored correct

or you could export the 3dsimed with dds and search the library for the filenames and grab the png

back then on nfs15 i had a dds converter which could handle dx10 dds textures ... but there was no batch convert either - so open up all dx10 files, save as tga and so on ...

edit:

oh boy, 3dsimed ...

1. import the carbin and tick convert swatchbin to dds

2. after import is complete -> go to the tools tab -> press texture browser ->A navigate to your 3dsimed path -> go to the folXXXX.tmp folder

3. press on batch operation -> select all textures -> pick dds and press okay -> grab a path to export somewhere

4. wait till operation is finished -> go to the export path

5. profit

Edited by Guki

Hey Guki,

I think I got it now and can see a lot of those textures in PNG. Man you really helped me a lot! I am very very thankful that you've helped me! Thank you Guki!