NOTE: changelog contains all entries to match between actual version and last uploaded on this site.
- Enhancement: Car and track models from F1-2020 can now be imported.
- Enhancement: Support for compressed CodeMasters MipMaps format. This results in higher resolution texture maps for F1-2020, Grid2019, F1-2019, F1-2018 & F1-2017.
- Enhancement: Improved Decal shader for F1-2020, Grid2019, F1-2019, F1-2018 & F1-2017 gives better rendering of liveries.
- Enhancement: Improved sponsor layer and barrier layer handling for tracks from F1-2019 & F1-2018.
- Enhancement: Improved DX10 DDS processing reduces the memory overhead and allows more complex models to be imported than before (for example rF2 Portland).
- Fix: In the render pipeline prevent shadow casting animated objects to be shadow receivers as this could give strange artifacts.
- Enhancement: Car models from GRID 2019 can now be imported.
- Enhancement: FBX Export and Import preserves transparency. FBX alpha source black is equivalent to chroma transparency and if an FBX material has an opacity map the material will be set to alpha blending transparency in 3DSimED.
- Enhancement: The Shader list has been updated to include recent rFactor 2 additions. Note that 3DSimED cannot render these correctly as they are DX11 while 3DSimED is DX9.
- Fix: When working with the gMotor formats (rFactor etc) LOD values are now applied to the Instance entries of a SCN.
- Enhancement: The rf2 DirectX11 IBL Shaders can be assigned to materials.
Note that these shaders are not rendered correctly because 3DSimED3 is a DX9 application.
- Enhancement: Duplicate vertices are purged when importing FBX, this should greatly reduce the vertex count.
- Fix: A file in the recent list could be incorrectly processed if its extension was both a native file type and a plugin file type.
- Fix: Collada Import could crash when importing a file with empty nodes.
- Enhancement: F1-2019 cars and tracks can be imported. There is still some work required on the tracks, but the importing of cars seems stable. Make sure you choose F1-2019 from the types list.
- Fix: When Importing a plugin format, nested objects would incorrectly inherit parent attributes. This could cause attributes such as shadow casting and LOD to be wrong, this was particularly apparent in Assetto Corsa models.
- Fix: GMT models from Zmodeler would fail to import, this was an unintended consequence of a fix for GMT that had been created by recent 64-bit Max plugins.
- Fix: When importing from .VEH or SCN files comments on the same line as a SearchPath would cause the path name to be corrupted.
- Fix: FBX Import could assigned incorrect object names if the user had selected the option to set Object Names from Node Names.
- Fix: The export plugins did not save the Lodin/Lodout values.
- Fix: Browsing for an object to import when an extension could be both a native and a plugin would always import the native.
- Enhancement: Exporting rF2 model data now includes data for puddle reflection for the Read Road & Kerb shaders. The data is placed in the vertex fields normally used for bone data. Note that these shaders are for DX11 so 3DSimED (DX9) cannot render the puddle data.
- Fix: LOD filters for Forza model import.
- Fix: With HDR on double-clicking to centre the view would fail.
- Fix: Reflections rendered incorrectly with HDR rendering.
But we strongly recommend to buy this tool. We don't provide technical support to users who are not holders of the License.